Saturday 21 April 2018

Top 5 If Only I Had More Time Dramas

Top 5 
If Only I Had More Time Dramas

It’s that time of year again where I find myself at a bit of a loss for what to watch. A lot of the 2018 dramas I want to watch haven’t finished airing yet, and there’s so many K-Dramas on my ‘To Watch’ list that I kind of don’t know where to start. By the time I get through one or two dramas on that list, a bunch of 2018 dramas will have finished, and I'll find myself starting to fall behind again and end up dedicating my time solely to new dramas. Inevitably this means that there’s a whole heap of K-Dramas the I’ve been meaning to watch, but just never got around to. Here’s my pick of the top 5 K-Dramas I’d watch if I had more time to get through them. 


5: Pasta

I’ve seen and loved most of Gong Hyo Jin’s dramas, and the few snippets of ‘Pasta’ I’ve seen seem really cute. I can’t really imagine Gong Hyo Jin paired with Lee Sun Kyun either, so I almost want to watch this drama just to see how that works. Perhaps one of the biggest reasons I never get around to watching this drama is that it's 20 episodes as opposed to the usual 16. I know it’s not much, but those extra 4 hours just make a drama seem so much longer and take so much more time to finish. I’ve also found that recently I’ve not been watching dramas much older than 2014, and ‘Pasta’ came out in 2010.


4: Angel Eyes

To be fairly honest, I kind of don’t understand why haven’t watched this drama. Probably because it’s a melo, and I’m just not that keen on melodramas. But the caaaaaast. The hero is Lee Sang Yoon who I’ve liked in everything I’ve seen him in (even if that list isn’t very extensive), Kim Ji Suk, Panda Seungri from Big Bang (seriously, why haven’t I watched this?), Park Jin Joo, and even Kang Ha Neul! Again, this drama is 20 episodes…and I just struggle committing that many hours.


3: Nice Guy

‘Nice Guy’ (also known as ‘The Innocent Man’) is a drama I’m sure I’d like once I get into, and I’ve been meaning to start it but I just never quite get there. I’ve wanted to watch it because hello, Song Joong Ki, and I’ve heard good things about this show. It’s also got Lee Kwang Soo, Lee Sang Yeob and Kim Tae Hoon in it, all who I love watching on screen. I guess the thing that mostly puts me off getting started on this drama is that it’s a melo-revenge story. And I’m generally not that keen on melodrama, unless it’s done really, really, really well. ‘Nice Guy’ also has 20 episodes, which is another reason it ends up lingering on my ‘To Watch’ list without ever actually getting watched.


2: Gaksital

I have heard only great things about this show. It’s supposed to be intense, heart-racing and emotional, with a great story and shot beautifully. It’s an action rather than pure melodrama, and is set during the Japanese occupancy of South Korea- which is a period that I somehow haven’t ended up seeing very much of. To be fairly honest the synopsis I’ve read confuses me a little, but I’ve heard so many raving reviews that I’m sure it all makes sense once you watch it. I think the daunting 28 episodes is what’s kept me reaching for other dramas before this one.


1: White Christmas

‘White Christmas’ is a show I actually really, really want to watch, and I honestly can’t tell you why I haven’t. Unlike the other dramas on this list there’s no reason why I wouldn’t watch this drama. Except that I work most of the time and have a limited amount of time I can dedicate to K-Drama viewing. It’s a mystery-thriller (which I tend to enjoy), and I’ve even heard that it’s pretty smart and hard to predict. It’s a drama special with only 8 episodes, which is a friendly amount that I can commit to. It’s also got Baek Sung Hyun, Kim Young Kwang, Lee Soo Hyuk, Hong Jong Hyun, Kim Woo Bin, Sung Joon and Lee El. That’s a pretty solid cast right there. I’ve no doubt that I will eventually get around to watching this one, it’s just a matter of when.

What K-Dramas would you watch if you had more time?












No comments:

Post a Comment